1 tsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
1 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 each Shallot, diced small
1 lb (about 2 heads) Broccoli, cut into 1″ florets
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Ginger, fresh, grated
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce, reduced sodium
2 Tbsp Water
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Toast sesame seeds by placing a small skillet over medium high heat and adding the sesame seeds. Toast until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Immediately remove seeds from the pan to prevent burning (the hot pan will continue to toast the seeds after you turn off the heat).
- In a medium sauce pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until translucent, about 1 minute. Avoid browning.
- Add broccoli, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce, water, and red pepper flakes (optional). Cover pan with a lid or tin foil. Allow to steam until broccoli is bright green and tender, but not mushy, about 1 minute. Add more water is necessary to finish cooking broccoli to desired doneness.
- When the broccoli is done, turn off the heat and add the toasted sesame seeds. Serve warm and enjoy.