April & May Classes
Why wait for a special day or event to begin your journey to a tobacco free life.
Start NOW by signing up for the Quit & Stay Quit Monday virtual classes or the one-to-one Quit & Stay Quit Monday Goal Setting consultations lead by the UAMS Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialists.
Quit & Stay Quit Mondays highlights key practices that can help a person quit smoking and introduces the idea of using Mondays as a recurring day to start quitting again instead of giving up.
Join the Virtual Microsoft Teams classes each Monday at 11:30am for 1 hour to learn the steps to become a successful quitter. The topics include:
- Alphabet Soup: Going from A – Z on the continuum of change. Before setting a quit day, you can starting quitting.
Scheduled: Apr. 12
- Cold Turkey or Slow Turkey – Cessation options, medications, making a choice.
Scheduled: Apr. 19
- Quit Tobacco that’s Easy. Done it a Million Times – Practical tips for turning setbacks into success. Scheduled:; Apr. 26
- Letting Go – Preparing for Quit Day.
Scheduled: May 3
- Been There Done It! – Panel of ex-smokers share their journey from smoker to non-smoker.
Scheduled: Mar. 29; May 10
- My Friend, My Enemy – Health risk of smoking, recovery timeline, a personal letter to My Enemy, My Friend.
Scheduled: Apr. 5; May 17
You may choose the class or classes you feel will benefit you the most or attend all six. Registration deadline for all virtual classes is at Noon on the Wednesday prior to the scheduled class.
If you can’t join virtually, you can still participate by signing up for the Quit & Stay Quit Monday Goal Setting Consultations. Register at any time by following the instructions below.
To participate, call 501-526-5448 and leave a message with your name and number or send an email to LDCullers@uams.edu. You will receive a call or email confirming registration and class login instructions.
Quit & Stay Quit Monday: https://www.mondaycampaigns.org/quit-stay-quit/about
Be Well Arkansas Tobacco Quit Line Services/Phone App: 833-283-9355