UAMS offers employees several tools to aid in efforts to give up tobacco.
By Yavonda Chase
Personalized One-to-One Consultations
UAMS Tobacco Treatment Specialists (TTS) are available for individual consultations for employees taking the UAMS pledge to quit tobacco or for those wishing to learn about the options for smoking cessation.
Appointments scheduled by calling 501-526-5448. This is a message only phone requiring the caller to leave their name and a call back number. Callers will receive a response from a Tobacco Treatment Specialist within three (3) business days.
What the TTS will do:
- Gather information about the employee’s tobacco history and daily use.
- Provide information about cessation medications/nicotine replacement products.
- Facilitate the issuance of prescription(s) through the employee’s PCP.
- Help the employee identify ways to reduce triggers that motivate the desire to smoke.
- Help the employee develop strategies to change daily routines to break the tobacco habit.
- Provide a written quit plan to guide the cessation process.
- Provide follow-up counseling in person or by phone for duration of cessation plan.
- Provide Certificate of Enrollment to satisfy UAMS Tobacco Pledge requirements.
Tobacco Cessation Group Class – offered as needed
- Attendance required for four (4) classes.
- Minimum of six (6) participants required.
- Group led by UAMS Tobacco Treatment Specialist.
- Assistance with issuance of prescription(s) through the employee’s PCP.
- Quit plan provided to guide the cessation process.
- Certificate of Completion provided.
QuitGuide – Smart phone App
Get 24/7 support with a Smokefree app for your smart phone. These free apps offer personalized help based on your smoking patterns, moods, motivation to quit, and quitting goals. Tag the locations and times of day when you need extra support. Available for iOS and Android phones. Available for download from Google Play or the Apple Store. To learn more or to download the app go to www.bewellarkansas.com