- The Mindfulness Solution: Everyday Practices for Everyday Problems, Ron Siegel, Psy.D. (2010).
- Guilford Press. Meditations online, available to download free.
- Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness. Second Edition, Revised and Updated. Jon Kabat-Zinn (2013). Bantam/Random House. Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) CDs and MP3s available to purchase.
- Real Happiness at Work, Sharon Salzberg (2014). Workman Publishing, New York.
- A Mindful Nation, Congressman Tim Ryan (2012). Hay House.
Mindfulness bibliography of citations for peer reviewed journal articles and book with publication dates between 1975 and 2009; includes citations on the effects of mindfulness-based treatments on many medical conditions and mental disorders.
- American Mindfulness Research Association
- The Mindfulness in Education Network
- The American Institute of Stress
- Vallecitos Mountain Refuge and Retreat Center
- Mindfulness 101
- Applied Mindfulness Skills Training for Physicians, Nurses and Health Care Workers
- Rick Hanson, Ph.D 10/26/2010, Confronting your Negativity Bias
- Greater Good, The Science of a Meaningful Life
- Niroga Institute
- Beach, M.C. et al. A multicenter study of physician mindfulness and health care quality. Annals of Family Medicine 2013, 11(5): 421-428.
- Danielwitz, M. et al. A pilot feasibility study of a peer-led mindful program for medical students. Canadian Medical Education Journal, 2016, 7 (1), 31-37.
- Editorial: A prescription to talk: How doctor-patient dialogue improves health outcomes. (2015) Bangor Daily News, Bangor, ME.
- Hölzel B.K. et al. How does mindfulness meditation work? Proposing mechanisms of action from a conceptual and neural perspective. Perspectives on Psychological Sciences, 2011, Nov 6(6):537-559.
- Vargo, D.R. Mapping modalities of self-awareness in mindfulness practice: a potential mechanism for clarifying habits of mind. Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences, 2014, 1307(1): 28-42.
- Warnecke, E. et al. A randomized controlled trial of the effects of mindfulness practice on medical student stress levels. Medical Education 2011, 45: 381-388.
Guided Meditation Practice Apps for Your Smart Phone
- Headspace — 10 days free
- Calm — some free, some for purchase
- Smiling Mind — age seven to adult, free
- Stop, Breathe & Think — free
- Mindfulness Meditation by Mental Workout — Lite Version free
- The Mindfulness App — $1.99
- Simply Being — $1.99 for iPhone or You Tube
Online Guided Meditation
- Pocket Mindfulness — 6 brief exercises (read and do)
- Kaiser Premanete — an organization to support health in general, has a podcast page that includes meditation, guided imagery, and affirmations
- UCLA Mindfulness Awareness Research Center — Free guided meditation
- Simply being meditation